Unearthed Brisbane 201813 Jul - 15 Jul
Brisbane Hackers Unite! Building the next gen of innovations ready to take the resources sector into a new digital age.
This competition has finished.
Come rock with us, join the community
program you join.
resources industry. All are welcome.
Manifest the Model - finding high pressure differentials at CSG wells
How do we help the front line operator identify, prioritise and remove constraints in our gas gathering network?
The Australia Pacific LNG Project has 1500 wells spread across South West Queensland. These wells are connected to a 3000 KM gas gathering network that transports produced gas along the network to the gas production facilities.
When gas is extracted from the ground by the well, CSG water is also extracted. Water and gas are separated at the well site by a separator but on occasions water can get into the gas gathering network which slows (constrains) the flow of gas – impacting production.
Currently operators receive excel spreadsheets which advise them when production is constrained and at which well. Operators use these spreadsheets to direct water truck drivers to the well to empty the water (or identify if it is another constraint) to allow gas to flow freely again.
- Currently use an external software, Piper, to run the hydraulic model ad hoc, takes about 30 min process to model and identify constraints. The output is currently an excel visualisation.
- Is a static model, run ad-hoc and doesn't pick up on trends of constraints over time.
- Water is main operational constraint on the gas gathering network –There are other constraints such as solids accumulation which also exist.
Impact & Value
- Increased production
- Increased efficiency by operators
- Improved safety with trucks off the road
- Daily Gas pressure, flow readings and system capacity from 145 wells over a one year period
- Corresponding water recovery data from nearby Low Point Drains (LPD) for same 145 wells
- Access available to well gathering data pressures and operating parameters
- GIS Data
- Hydraulic Piping Model
Chetan Choudhari - Lead Mentor